- A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials
- With an abrupt front face, the tactical rear sight allows for one-handed racking of the slide and has a single tritium vial dead-center below the sight's notch
- Forward cocking front serrations give solid purchase for press-checks
- To cut down on glare the inverted top rib is cut into the slide
- Skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol
- A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face
- An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters
- Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation
- 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip
- Reloads are made easy, their magwell helps to funnel the fresh mag into the gun
A full-size 1911, the DAN WESSON Specialist Commander Semi-Automatic Pistol is chambered in .45 or 9mm and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant's special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears their inverted top rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release, and detachable magwell, the Specialist Commander is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
The Specialist ships with two 8-round magazines with bump pads (10 rounds in 9mm) and is available in either a matte stainless finish or the Dan Wesson's Duty Black finish, which makes for an especially hardy pistol that scoffs at everyday wear and tear. The forged stainless steel slide wears their popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front.
|Magazine Capacity||8 Rounds|
|Barrel Length, in||4.25"|
|Frame Material||Forged Stainless|
|Slide Finish||Bead Blasted|
|Trigger Mech||Single Action|
|Front Sight||Fixed Night Sight|
|Rear Sight||Tactical Night Sight|
|Safety||Ambi thumb safety, grip safety|
|Overall Length, in||8"|