Quality knives help to solve a wide range of tasks. They are suitable for protection against the attack of a wild animal, for cutting and skinning game, and for chopping branches. Good survival folding knives are great, but good folding knives with accessories are even greater. Most models have additional tools such as a can opener, awl, and crimp rings. Knives should be compact and lightweight. They also need to be easy to handle and must be durable enough for hunting activity. Therefore, you should carefully choose such a “universal soldier”.
How to choose the best folding knives?
The hardness of steel is determined by the Rockwell scale and it is indicated in HRC units. Normal hardness is considered to be above 55 HRC.
The following types of steel are used in the manufacture of a hunting knife:
- Stainless steel. It's a popular type of blade metal. Stainless steel is inexpensive, flexible, and resistant to corrosion.
- Damascus steel. This material is considered to be one of the most durable. It is suitable for use in hunting blades.
- Powder steel. According to the Rockwell scale, it has one of the highest hardness, which is about 60-65 HRC. Such steel is resistant to corrosion even without proper care. This material is suitable for working with moisture.
The functionality of the tactical folding knives depends on the shape of the blade. There are four major types of knife blades:
- Normal blade. It is the classic shape, which is suitable for most cutting tasks, it does not have any special functionality.
- Drop point. The upper part of the blade is thick, lowered, and curved. Folding pocket knives with such a blade are suitable for dressing the animal.
- Clip point. The upper part of the blade is raised. The blade itself is thin and flat. These types of folding knives are used for skinning.
- Trail point. It is an effective blade of traditional folding knives, which is suitable for a wide range of work.
GRITR Sports provides reliable and cheap folding knives for sale.