- Extra-low Dispersion glass for optimum clarity
- Fully multi-coated optics to produce sharp images
- Focus knob with 1.2 turns - close focus from 6.6ft/2m
- High resolution phase corrected BAK-4 roof prisms
- Lightweight rubber coated mid-size top hinge chassis
- Stay-on lens covers for maximum lens protection
- Twist-up eye cups with position stops for eye relief
- Magnesium alloy body, with leatherette finish
- Featuring a waterproof twin hinge pocket sized binocular design
- Hawke World Wide Warranty
The HAWKE Endurance ED 8x42 Binoculars feature phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms, extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics to produce a versatile and capable binoculars that produce bright and clear high-contrast images with true color rendition and virtually no color-fringing. Coupled with the optical features are 42mm diameter objectives, which give the binoculars very competent low-light performance while maintaining a 388' field of view at 1000 yards and a wide apparent angle of view. This combination of optics and objectives make the Endurance ideally suited for most outdoor activities from hunting, to birding, to sporting events with less noticeable hand shake versus more powerful binoculars.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that make the binoculars durable and comfortable to use. The chassis is made from an impact and corrosion-resistant polycarbonate. They are also temperature-resistant, so the optical tubes won't expand and contract with temperature fluctuation, which over time can cause the optics to move out of collimation, preventing the binoculars from being able to achieve sharp focus.
The optical tubes are wrapped with rubber armoring, which not only protects them from drops and impacts, it also gives the binoculars a slip-resistant grip, especially in cold and wet weather. The optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and fogproof, especially in extreme weather conditions. A right-eye diopter adjustment allows the binoculars to be customized to most people's needs, and twist-up eyecups means it can be comfortably used with or without eye wear.
|Field of View, ft @ 100 yds||388|
|Eye Relief, mm||18|
|Close Focus, ft||6.6|
|Lens Coating||Fully Multi-Coated|
|Prism Type||Roof BAK4, Silver Mirror Coating|
|Interpupillary Distance, mm||53-73|
|Dioptre System||Right Eye|
|Waterproof, fog proof and Nitrogen purged||Yes|
|Dimensions (HxW), in||5.6" x 4.9"|