- Always ready - always on. Turn it on for up to 3 years using one single battery. No need to fumble with switches prior to use
- 2 minute of angle red dot for accurate target engagement at all distances
- In service date and battery change date reminders makes inventory tracking and maintenance easy
- Enhanced speed on target and increased first shot hit probability when compared to iron sights and magnified scopes
- Compatible with all generations of night vision devices and may be used with Aimpoint 3X Magnifier and Concealed Engagement unit
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy housing. Rugged enough for real world conditions and waterproof to 150 feet
- Threaded front lens opening allows use of screw-in anti-reflection device (ARD)
- Front and rear flip covers keep lenses clean
- Transparent rear flip cover allows use of the sight (with both eyes open) even with both covers closed in an emergency
- Recessed lens openings helps prevent against impact damage, fingerprints and scratches
The AIMPOINT Patrol Rifle Optic, PRO (12841) is designed with input from a distinguished group of current and former professionals, and incorporates many never before seen features to maximize this sight's performance within the challenging conditions faced by modern law enforcement. A hard-anodized 30mm tube was utilized, enclosing a high efficiency circuit that allows the sight to be turned on and left on for up to three years using a single battery.
The front lens utilizes a unique band-pass coating, which allows the Patrol Rifle Optic to be used with all generations of night vision devices. The modular QRP2 mount includes a removable spacer that indexes the sight at the optimal height for co-witness with the standard iron sights on AR15/M16/M4 Carbine style weapons. This spacer can be removed to enable the use of the sight on police shotguns or sub-machineguns. The QRP2 mount also incorporates a torque-limiting twist knob that provides the optimal level of pressure on the rail while completely eliminating the possibility of over-tightening. Both the front and rear lenses are recessed within the sight body to provide protection against impact damage, scratches, and fingerprints.
Flip covers are included to further protect the lenses, and a transparent rear lens cover is utilized allowing the user to engage a target with the lens covers closed in an emergency situation. A two Minute of Angle (2 MOA) red dot is utilized to allow maximum accuracy at all distances and under all environmental conditions.
|Clear aperture, mm||26|
|Operating principle||Reflex Collimator sight with LED|
|Aiming dot size||2 MOA|
|Dot intensity||Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx|
|Dot color||Peak Wavelength: 650 ± 10 nm|
|Optical coating||Anti-reflex, all surfaces and multi-layer
NVD-Compatible 1, 2, 3
|Battery type||3V lithium battery, type 2L76 or DL1/3N|
|Battery life||Day time use: 30 000 hrs. continuous (pos. 7 of 10)|
|Power intensity||4 NVD and 6 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright|
|Length sight only, mm/in||114 / 4-1/2"|
|Length conf., mm/in||130 / 5-1/8"|
|Width, mm/in||55 / 2-3/16"|
|Height sight only, mm/in||55 / 2-3/16"|
|Height conf., mm/in||67 / 2-5/8"|
|Weight sight only (incl. battery), g/oz||220 / 7,8|
|Weight conf., g/oz||330 / 11,6 incl. Lens Covers, Mount, and Spacer|
|Housing material||High Strength Aluminum|
|Housing finish and color||Matte black|
|Material mount and spacer std. conf.||High Strength Aluminum|
|Surface treatment||Hard anodized, matte|
|Height of optical axis - sight and mount, mm/in||30 / 1-3/16" over top surface of Picatinny/Weaver Rail|
|Height of optical axis - sight, mount and Micro spacer XX, mm/in||39 / 1-9/16" over top surface of Picatinny/Weaver Rail|
|Adjustment||Range ±1 m at 100 meters (±1 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation,
1 click = 13 mm at 100 meters = 10 mm at 80 meters = 7/16" at 100 yds
The best thing to come from Aimpoint since the T1 micro. These are the only two red dots to consider for serious work. Battery life is outstanding, turn it on and leave it on. QRP mount stops at the right torque so you cannot over tighten it. Bombproof sight.
The optic is tough, the dot is crisp, and the glass is clear without a blue tint. The battery life really is stupidly long, though you'll find variation due to the QC of the battery, not by any defect in the optic itself. It offers most of the same features as the higher priced models. The included mount is a great addition to the value too.