- 9mm Luger caliber
- Inverted Rib, To cut down on glare our top rib is cut into the slide
- Ball End Mill Cut, This cut accentuates the carry cut and slightly modifies the appearance
- Tactical Hammer, The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol
- Long Solid Trigger, A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face
- Ambi Safety, Grip Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters
- Rail, Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation
- Mainspring Housing Checkering, Dan Wesson 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip
- Magwell, Reloads are made easy, our magwell helps to funnel the fresh mag into the gun
- Fixed Night Front Sight, A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials; Tactical Rear Sight
A full-size 1911, the Dan Wesson Specialist Stainless 9mm Luger Pistol is chambered in .45 ACP, 10mm, or 9mm and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant's special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears our inverted top rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with a white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release, and detachable magwell, the Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
When police departments approached us to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, Dan Wesson developed a model just for them. The additions that made it ideal for law enforcement also make it perfect for home defense, so Dan Wesson gladly offer it for sale to the public.
|Frame Material||Forged Stainless|
|Slide Finish||Bead Blasted|
|Front Sight||Fixed Night Sight|
|Rear Sight||Tactical Rear Sight|
|Safety||Ambi Thumb Safety, Grip Safety|
|Barrel Length, in||5"|
|Overell Length, in||8.75"|