Gritr Range LTC Classes
This is the Texas DPS approved course that will satisfy the 4-6 classroom hours required by the state to obtain a License To Carry. Following the course there will be a Written Exam & a Range Proficiency exam that students will be required to complete both with a passing score.
THE CLASSROOM PORTION CONSISTS OF:
4-6 hours of lecture and testing, the class is presented by an entertaining Power Point and open discussion format.
We cover laws regarding Texas Open/Concealed Carry, Use of Force and Deadly Force, TMPA, Castle Law, and non-violent dispute resolution.
The Criminal and Civil Courts systems and how to protect your assets if your involved in a shooting, what to say and what not to say to the police.
Instructors bring experience to make your class enjoyable and educational.
A range qualification fee, rental firearms and ammo are additional fees, that may be accrued the day of the class.
- It is a requirement by the TX DPS that the LTC Applicant must know how to shoot and be proficient on the handling of a handgun.
- Class starts at 1030am and applicants must be in their seats by 1015am
- Customers should sign the range waiver prior to the start of the class
- Registration for class closes 24h prior to the day of the class.
THINGS TO BRING TO THE CLASS:
- Valid ID
- Paper & Pen for notes
- Eye & ear protection, which can be purchased at the range
- Firearm and 50 rounds of ammo*
* Firearms will be available for rent for the class