- A true Small-Frame Autoloading Rifle, the SFAR is nearly identical in size to a traditional 5.56-caliber modern sporting rifle
- Chambered in 7.62 NATO / .308 Win., the SFAR combines the ballistic advantages of .308 Winchester with the size of a traditional MSR
- Bolt and barrel extensions are CNC-machined from high-strength super alloy steel that outperforms traditional C158 bolts
- 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel is cold hammer-forged with ultra-precise 5R rifling
- Ruger 2-port Boomer muzzle brake has large perpendicular surfaces to redirect gas and reduce felt recoil
- 15" Lite aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions
- The mid-length gas system features a 0.750" 4-position rotary-regulator gas block to achieve ideal function across the wide range of ammunition available in the marketplace today
- Equipped with a Ruger Elite 452 trigger that delivers a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound 2-stage trigger pull
- Made from a 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forging, the upper receiver is complete with brass deflector, forward assist, and full-length Picatinny rail
- Comes with one, 20-round Magpul PMAG magazine and is compatible with SR25/AR-10-pattern .308 Win/7.62 NATO magazines
While nearly identical in size to a traditional 5.56mm caliber modern sporting rifle, the RUGER SFAR Rifle is chambered in 7.62 NATO/.308 Winchester. This allows the SFAR to combine the advantages of the larger .308 Winchester caliber with the size of a traditional AR-15 pattern rifle. The SFAR is initially offered in two models, one with a 16.1 inch barrel, and one with a 20 inch barrel.
The bolt and barrel extensions are CNC-machined from high-strength super alloy steel that outperforms traditional C158 bolts. The tapered lug geometry further strengthens the breech in order to support larger short-action cartridges. The bolt includes dual ejectors and an optimized extractor to ensure positive extraction and ejection of the spent case through the enlarged ejection port.
The rifle-length gas system features a .75 inch 4-position rotary-regulator gas block for functionality across the wide range of ammunition available in the marketplace. There are venting holes in the upper receiver, barrel extension, and bolt carrier to ensure that excess gas is directed safely away from the user.
The upper receiver is made from a 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forging and has a brass deflector, forward assist, and full-length Picatinny rail. The lower receiver features a generous flare on the magazine well for easy magazine insertion. There is also a Ruger Elite 452 trigger for a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound 2-stage trigger pull. A full-strength hammer spring and lightweight hammer ensure fast lock times and consistent primer ignition.
The SFAR is also compatible with mil-spec MSR trigger groups, receiver end plates, charging handles, pistol grips, and adjustable stocks. The rifle ships with one, 20-round Magpul PMAG magazine and is compatible with SR25/AR-10-pattern .308 Win/7.62 NATO magazines.
|Caliber||7.62 NATO / .308 Win|
|Barrel Length, in||16.10"|
|Stock||Magpul MOE SL|
|Handguard||Lite Free-Float with M-LOK Attachment Slots|
|Finish||Type III Hard-Coat Anodized|
|Length of Pull, in||11-14.25"|
|Overall Length, in||34-37.25"|