- 6.5mm Weatherby RPM caliber
- Guaranteed Sub-MOA accuracy
- TriggerTech's trigger provides true zero-creep break, extremely short over-travel, and is externally adjustable
- Accubrake ST - By adding an Accubrake ST you will signiﬁcantly reduce felt recoil up to 53%
- 54 Degree Bolt - Allows for faster chambering on follow-up shots and greater bolt-to-scope clearance
- Carbon Fiber barrel - 95% of the carbon fiber does not touch the barrel allowing air to foil around the steel and rapidly cool the barrel, adding rigidity and reduce overall weight
- Carbon Fiber stock - Sourced from Peak 44, this stock has the distinction of being the lightest production aerospace-grade carbon fiber stock on the market
- 3DHEX Recoil reducer
- Cerakote Finish - The Cerakote unique formula enhances physical properties including wear, corrosion, and chemical resistance
- Deep fluted bolt; Removable bolt knob
Expanding on the ground-breaking Backcountry, the Weatherby Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Carbon 6.5 Weatherby RPM Rifle (MCB20N65RWR6B) combines Weatherby's incredibly popular tensioned carbon fiber barrel with the classic steel Weatherby Mark V action in a lightweight package.
This barrel system has a reputation for accuracy and in 2021, a Mark V Carbonmark equipped with this carbon fiber barrel set the new internal Weatherby accuracy record, returning a 0.06" 3-shot group at 100 yards with factory Weatherby Select Plus ammunition.
Starting at just 5.8 lbs, the Backcountry 2.0 Carbon owes much of its light weight to the Peak 44 Blacktooth stock - the lightest production carbon fiber stock on the market.
Aiding in both weight and recoil reduction is the second generation 3DHEX recoil pad, the first production 3D printed pad the firearms world has seen. Hidden inside the pad are a series of interlocking voids that progressively collapse during recoil, expanding the time component of the recoil impulse and deadening the sharp kick of magnum chamberings.
More pronounced spiral fluting on the bolt body not only trims a little weight, it also reduces bearing surface within the action and results in even smoother function. The newly-threaded bolt handle is equipped with a lightweight aluminum extended and skeletonized knob.
|Caliber||6.5mm Weatherby RPM|
|Twist Rate, in||1-8"|
|Type of Barrel||Carbon Fiber|
|Barrel / Trigger Guard / Receiver Finish||Patriot Brown Cerakote|
|Bolt / Bolt Knob / Safety Finish||Graphite Black Cerakote|
|Stock Material||Peak 44 Blacktooth Carbon Fiber|
|Stock Finish||With Dark Green and Brown Sponge Pattern Accents|
|Length of Pull, in||13.5"|
|Drop @ Comb, in||0.625"|
|Drop @ Heel, in||0.30"|
|Barrel Length, in||24" Barrel + 2" Muzzle Brake|
|Overall Length, in||46.5"|