- .280 Rem Ackley Imp. caliber
- Guaranteed Sub-MOA accuracy
- TriggerTech's trigger provides true zero-creep break, extremely short over-travel, and is externally adjustable
- Accubrake ST - By adding an Accubrake ST you will signiﬁcantly reduce felt recoil up to 53%
- 54 Degree Bolt - Allows for faster chambering on follow-up shots and greater bolt-to-scope clearance
- Carbon Fiber stock - Sourced from Peak 44, this stock has the distinction of being the lightest production aerospace-grade carbon fiber stock on the market
- 3DHEX Recoil reducer
- Cerakote Finish - The Cerakote unique formula enhances physical properties including wear, corrosion, and chemical resistance
- Deep fluted bolt; Removable bolt knob
- Titanium receiver - Titanium properties present 42% the weight of traditional steel
The next generation of the ground-breaking Backcountry family, the Weatherby Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Ti 280 Ackley Rifle (MBT20N280AR6B) is built around the supremely lightweight and strong titanium Weatherby Mark V action - with some key updates. Still equipped with a super thin and lightweight fluted barrel, it is contoured at a #1 MOD or #2 MOD depending on the chambering.
The most noticeable upgrade is the carbon fiber Peak 44 Blacktooth stock, the lightest versions of which tip the scales at under 20 ounces.
Also grabbing the eye is the second generation 3DHEX recoil pad, the first production 3D printed pad the firearms world has seen. Hidden inside the pad are a series of interlocking voids that progressively collapse during recoil, expanding the time component of the recoil impulse and deadening the sharp kick of magnum chamberings.
More pronounced spiral fluting on the bolt body not only trims a little weight, it also reduces bearing surface within the action and results in even smoother function. The newly-threaded bolt handle is equipped with a lightweight aluminum extended and skeletonized knob.
Fit with Weatherby's highly-effective Accubrake ST, this brake is blended to match the profile of the muzzle. With 30 symmetrically-spaced ports that help harness the recoil, it tames even magnum chamberings and makes them pleasant to shoot.
|Caliber||.280 Rem Ackley Imp.|
|Twist Rate, in||1-9"|
|Type of Barrel||Fluted|
|Fluted Barrel / Trigger Guard / Bolt / Safety Finish||Graphite Black Cerakote|
|Stock Material||Peak 44 Blacktooth Carbon Fiber|
|Stock Finish||With Grey and White Sponge Pattern Accents|
|Length of Pull, in||13.5"|
|Drop @ Comb, in||0.625"|
|Drop @ Heel, in||0.30"|
|Barrel Length, in||24" Barrel + 2" Muzzle Brake|
|Overall Length, in||46"|