- Includes sizing/depriming die, a bullet seating die and a taper crimp die
- Sizing/depriming die is full-length and sized to minimum tolerances to size cases down
- Lubrication is still required
- The increased scratch resistance and die longevity of carbide
- Bullet seating die is internally designed to keep the bullet straight throughout the seating process
Dillon Three-Die Rifle Die Sets include a sizing/depriming die, a bullet seating die and a taper crimp die.
The sizing/depriming die is full-length and sized to minimum tolerances to size cases down to function in both semi and fully automatic firearms. Dillon strongly suggest that a headspace case gauge be used to correctly adjust the size die.
For high volume users, such as commercial reloaders, law enforcement agencies, and high power or service rifle competitors, Dillon also offer .223 and .308 die sets with a full-length carbide sizing die. Lubrication is still required, but the increased scratch resistance and die longevity of carbide are of great benefit to these groups of users.
Dillon bullet seating die is internally designed to keep the bullet straight throughout the seating process. Once properly adjusted, the only measurable runout will be that which is inherent in the bullet.
The taper crimp die is also specially configured to center both the case neck and the case body, thereby aligning the entire cartridge for a more uniform crimp. Dillon Rifle Dies are designed to meet the more rigid requirements for both accuracy and precision demanded by today's marksman.
A taper crimp die is preferred for loading ammunition intended to be used in semiautomatic firearms with detachable box magazines, and in lever-action firearms with tubular magazines.