- Leaf-shaped profile
- Blade: ground from state-of-the-art CPM S110V powder metallurgy stainless steel
- Exceptional wear resistance and enhanced corrosion resistance
- Features a forefinger choil and a thumb ramp with strategic jimping (textured grooves)
- One-handed deployment with either hand swift and positive
- Handle is capped with textured dark blue G-10 scales
- The handle includes a reversible steel clip that mounts to either side of the handle butt for ambidextrous tip-up carry
- Features an oversized lined lanyard hole
- Linking the blade and handle is Spyderco's patented Ball Bearing Lock mechanism
This incredible expression of the best-selling Spyderco Manix 2 CPM S110V G-10 Dark Blue Knife (C101GPDBL2) combines all the proven features of the standard version with a blade ground from state-of-the-art CPM S110V powder metallurgy stainless steel. Boasting an impressive 2.8% carbon and high amounts of vanadium and niobium, CPM S110V is specially formulated for exceptional wear resistance and enhanced corrosion resistance - key qualities in a high-performance blade steel.
The leaf-shaped profile of the Manix 2's blade provides a long, gently curved cutting edge and a sturdy, utilitarian point. For maximum control, it features a forefinger choil and a thumb ramp with strategic jimping (textured grooves) that allow a forward-positioned grip during detailed cutting tasks. The 14mm Trademark Round Hole proudly announces the knife's Spyderco pedigree and makes one-handed deployment with either hand swift and positive.
Built on a framework of full skeletonized stainless steel liners, the Manix 2's handle is capped with textured dark blue G-10 scales that are the signature color of Spyderco's elite family of CPM S110V knives. To ensure convenient carry and instant access, the handle includes a reversible steel clip that mounts to either side of the handle butt for ambidextrous tip-up carry. It also features an oversized lined lanyard hole for easy attachment of fobs and lanyards.
Linking the blade and handle is Spyderco's patented Ball Bearing Lock mechanism. This high-strength lock consists of a ball bearing nested within a durable textured polymer "cage". When the blade is opened, a compression plunger drives the cage forward to wedge the ball bearing between a ramp on the blade tang and the steel frame anchored between the handle halves. Drawing the caged ball bearing to the rear releases the lock and allows the blade to close smoothly while keeping your fingers safely away from the sharp edge.
|Tip Carry Position||Tip-Up|
|Lock Type||Ball Bearing|
|Blade Length, in||3.37"|
|Overall Length, in||8.03"|
|Closed Length, in||4.66"|
|Edge Length, in||2.92"|
|Blade Thickness, in||0.125"|