- Rotating, locking bolt
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum
- Adjustable folding front and folding/removable rear iron sights
- MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock positions
- Telescoping side-folding polymer stock
- Composite polymer trigger module
- Ambidextrous safety lever and magazine release
- Charging handle may be mounted on right or left side
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
The FN SCAR series of short-stroke, gas piston-operated rifles have the distinction of being the semi-auto version of the very rifles carried by USSOCOM. The SCAR 17S chambered in 7.62x51mm, feature cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined, MIL-SPEC, free-floating barrels.
Fully ambidextrous, the controls adapt to any shooter in any shooting position. The polymer stock is telescoping, fully adjustable for length of pull and comb height, and folds to the side for storage.
The receiver incorporates a MIL-STD 1913 optical rail. Three rails (at 3-, 6-, and 9-o'clock) mounted forward of the magazine well permit the mounting of accessory optics, lights, and lasers.
|Barrel Length, in||16.2"|
|Overall Length, in||28.5" - 38.5"|
|Action||Short-stroke gas piston|
|Trigger||Composite polymer trigger module|
|Scope||MIL-STD 1913 Rail Mount|