- Sight configuration includes a high-visibility front sight and a "clean" black serrated rear
- Optional optics-ready cut with cap; Adapter plates are sold separately
- Ergonomic, adjustable grip
- High rear saddle
- Trigger has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset
- Striker Fired ignition and a modified Browning operating system combined with an optimal precision strike trigger control system
- Materials include proprietary HK steel for barrel, slide, springs, pins, and internal components
- All controls are completely ambidextrous including HK's patented charging supports
- The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP9 easier for shooters with reduced hand strength
- The VP pistols uses the proven P30 steel magazine
The net result is a HK VP9 9mm Optics Ready 4.09in Pistol with custom-fit ergonomics with trigger quality unequaled in any production striker fired handgun.
Ergonomic, adjustable grip - Every detail, including the grip angle, the contour of the front strap and the high rear saddle were chosen to fit the human hand. And the adaptable grip frame allows you to interchange both backstraps and grip panels in 27 unique configurations to fit your hand. All of these features help you get the same consistent grip, every time you pick up your VP.
Best-in-class trigger - The VP9 trigger surpasses those found on competitors. It has a short, light take-up with a solid, single action type break followed by a short positive reset.
Striker Fired - The VP Series Pistols use a striker fired ignition and a modified Browning operating system combined with an optimal precision strike trigger control system - it is in essence a premium HK P30 frame mated to an advanced striker fired slide design. Materials include proprietary HK steel for barrel, slide, springs, pins, and internal components.
In addition to these features, all controls are completely ambidextrous including HK's patented charging supports - simple components that are mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP9 easier for shooters with reduced hand strength. The VP Pistols uses the proven P30 steel magazine.
The VP9 has an extended Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail molded into its polymer frame for mounting lights and accessories. The rail has been tested and certified to handle mounted accessories up to 5.6 ounces.
The VP9's proprietary captive flat recoil spring helps reduce the recoil forces effecting the operator and the handgun, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life.
HK's famous cold hammer forged barrel - made from cannon grade steel - ensures long service life. Similar HK barrels on 9 mm P30 models fired more than 90,000 rounds. The polygonal bore profile, with no traditional lands-and-grooves rifling, contributes to longer service life as well as a slight increase in muzzle velocity.
The VP9's machined steel slide is protected from corrosion and wear by HK's hostile environment finish.
VP pistols are made in Heckler & Koch's Oberndorf factory in southwest Germany and are covered by Heckler & Koch's limited lifetime warranty.
|Caliber||9mm x 19|
|Capacity||2 x 10 Rd|
|Barrel Profile/Twist||Polygonal, 6 Grooves, Right-Hand Twist, 1 in 9.8"|
|Trigger Pull, lbs||5.4|
|Trigger Travel, in||0.24"|
|Return Travel, in||0.12"|
|Sight Radius, in||6.38"|
|Barrel Length, in||4.09"|
|Overall Length, in||7.34"|
|Weight (w/ empty magazine), oz||25.56|