- High-Capacity Sub-Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- 3.25" Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4-40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 3.25" Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber and Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- Comes standard with one 10-rd magazine and one 15-rd extended magazine with machined aluminum hard-use grip frame extension
- 3.5-4.5 Crisp Trigger Pull with Lightweight Medium Length Pad
The EDC X9S is a sub-compact double-column 9mm with a gripless lightweight aluminum grip frame design. The trim X9S solid frame accepts an enhanced capacity double-column magazine but is smaller in size than most comparably sized single-stack handguns. The sub-compact 10-round, double-column 9mm X9S magazine is based on the EDC X9 magazine.
The EDC X9S frame is expertly machined from solid T6-7075 aluminum and with a size and shape that is ideal for concealed carry use for shooters of most hand sizes. At 25.5 ounces unloaded and right at 30 ounces fully loaded, the X9S is light enough to carry for long durations but has enough frame mass that recoil during rapid fire is greatly enhanced over other sub-compact 9mm handguns. Like the EDC X9, the EDC X9S can be field stripped without tools and can be completely disassembled using only a single punch.
The slim and flat EDC X9S solid frame with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern improves control with a non-abrasive, comfortable grip in all shooting conditions. A lower profile "concealment" rear battlesight, thumb safety, magazine release, and slide controls give the X9S a lower profile than the standard EDC X9.
The EDC X9S sub-compact slide assembly retains Wilson Combat's "Enhanced Reliability System" (ERS) for 9mm 1911's. The ERS is tailored to the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other cosmetic and performance features include a tri-top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, single-lug, tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, reliability enhancing reduced frame rails and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor. The hand-fitted 3.25" barrel design has the same match-grade accuracy potential as the larger EDC X9 handguns for flawless reliability with a wide variety of target and defensive ammunition.
Rugged, light and incredibly easy to shoot-the sub-compact EDC X9S has been optimized to be the best option for concealed carry by the leaders in 1911 quality engineering and manufacturing.
|Barrel Length, in||3.25"|
|Magazine Capacity, rds||10 / 15|
|Overall Length, in||6.75"|
|Sight Radius, in||5"|
|Weight, oz||25.2 (Empty)