OTIS MSR/AR15 Cleaning System (FG-556-MSR)
I recently got this kit and just got a chance to use it. It's not perfect, but it does the job pretty well. What I got is a little different than what is pictured. It came with Bio-CLP and it looks like there have been some minor changes in the tools included in the picture and what I got, but nothing that really impacts how well it works.
- Almost as easy as using a bore snake, but you know it will get your barrel cleaner.
- Lots of little tools you help you get patches places you need to clean in your upper and on your bolt.
- B.O.N.E. tool seems to work pretty well for cleaning carbon off the bolt. It's only okay for cleaning carbon out of the carrier though.
- Small enough that you can easily toss in your range bag.
- Chamber brush makes cleaning your lugs and chamber so much easier.
- The bag is tough to zip close and the clips for the parts seem to get messed up easily.
- The included gun patches leave residue or lint in your barrel, making it tough to tell if you've properly cleaned your barrel.
- The memory flex cables aren't the easiest things to pull through the barrel.
- Instructions are not great.