- Ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters
- Ball end mill cut accentuates the carry cut and slightly modifies the appearance
- Frontstrap 25 LPI checkering gives plenty of grip without being too aggressive
- Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials
- Long solid trigger gives a traditional look and incorporates a serrated face
- Skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol
- Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation
- Clark-style rib on the top of the slide helps knock down glare
When police departments approached Dan Wesson to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, they developed a model just for them. The additions that made it ideal for law enforcement also make it perfect for home defense, so they gladly offer it for sale to the public. The DAN WESSON Specialist .45 ACP 5in 8rd Semi-Automatic Pistol (01992) is chambered in .45 and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant's special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears the popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release and detachable two-piece magwell, the Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
The Specialist ships with two 8-round magazines with bump pads and is available in Duty Black finish, which makes for an especially hardy pistol that scoffs at everyday wear and tear.
|Frame Material||Forged Stainless|
|Slide Finish||Duty Finish|
|Overall Length, in||8.75"|
|Barrel Length, in||5"|
|Trigger Mech||Single Action|
|Front Sight||Fixed Night Sight|
|Rear Sight||Tactical Night Sight|
|Safety||Ambi Thumb Safety, Grip Safety|